Georgia Clark’s Resume
Experienced, award-winning writer and editor with extensive background in creating for online, youth and women. Download a copy of my 2009 portfolio here.
Objective: Part-time and freelance assignments in a creative environment
- Over eight years experience in an online publishing environment and as an editor-in-chief, including managing freelance writers
- Professional copywriter with agency experience
- Experienced proofreader and copyeditor
- Able to generate multiple ideas for feature stories and online content in a fast-paced environment
- Unique, fun, quirky voice
- Proven self-starter with fantastic attention to detail
- Familiar with AP Style
- Background in innovating and managing pop culture online
2002 – present: Features Writer
Titles include: “Sunday Life”, “Cleo“, “The Insider”, “Girlfriend“, “Disorder” [UK], “Whiskey Spirits & Life”, “Summerwinter”, “Talk”, “Total Rock”, “Rave”, “Beat”, “Total Girl”, “Girl Power”, “Little Angel” and more. Arts Mixtape (column with NY Theater Wire).
- I’ve had hundreds of articles published in both mainstream and niche print titles and online publications.
- Able to source contacts, conduct interviews, pitch ideas to editors.
2012 – present: Senior Digital Creative, Showtime Networks
I write and produce the content for SHO Sync, a second screen app for iPad and iTV.
Previously responsible for writing copy for a wide range of projects within the Digital Services Department, which includes the SHO.com website, digital marketing, mobile, social media and interactive television.
- Brochure copy, website copy, press releases, newsletters,
SEO-rich copy and sales-oriented small business listings etc
- Snappy ‘daily deals’ copy promoting online deals for small and medium-sized business’.
2009: Producer: Fanbase
Produced a short, behind-the-scenes documentary for the web about a band recording their first album in the studio.
2008: Online Editorial Co-ordinator,Fremantle Media Australia “So You Think You Can Dance“, “Australian Idol“, “The Farmer Wants A Wife” and “Project Runway“.
I produced all online written content for these top-rating television programs. This position required me to produce large amounts of quality work under pressure, including:
- Scripts for exclusive web content
- Official contestants’ biographies
- Conducting interview to write contestant’s unique blogs, as well as conduct interviews with celebrity guests and judges
- Episode recaps and trivia during the taping of the live show, under pressure.
2006 – 2009: Content Producer, “Home & Away”
Produced and managed online content for top-rating Australian drama, “Home & Away”. I ran both the website and the m-site – the site designed for cell phones.
- Wrote daily for a huge web audience
- Uploaded video content and photo galleries
- Moderated message boards, conducted interviews with the cast and more
2006: Senior Editor, “Rouser“ DVD and Content Producer for rouser.com.au
“Rouser” was an online pop culture magazine.
- Developed style guide
- Delegated work to a bank of freelance writers
- Conducted interviews and wrote about pop culture
2004 – 2006: Editor-in-Chief, “The Brag”
Weekly street press music magazine. (Furst Publishing). Extensive responsibilities managing a staff of over 30 people to produce a weekly 60-page music magazine, including:
- Writing news, reviews, interviews, ad copy, website copy and more
2002 – 2004: Freelance Copy Editor (magazines)
“TV Week”, “Total Girl”, “TV Hits”, “Girlfriend”, “Good Medicine”, “New Weekly”.
AWARDS/ SCHOLARSHIPS/ GRANTS etc
I currently hold an O-1 Visa: Aliens of Extraordinary Ability.
I won the 2007 national Holding Redlich Pitching Competition for an original vampire drama “Sucker Club”. I received a cash prize and a return flight anywhere in the world.
In 2007 I won the annual Metroscreen pitching competition with “Sucker Club”, and placed second in 2008 with another original one-hour drama, “Raise the Bar”. Metroscreen is NSW’s biggest community screen organization.
I was a Realise Your Dream (British Council arts scholarship) finalist in 2008 and a semi-finalist in 2007 in the field of Television. Cash prizes.
I received a grant for $2,000 from the Australian American Association after moving to New York.
I was accepted for a month-long writer’s residency in Martha’s Vineyard in October 2009, and a three-week writers residency in Portugal in September 2010.
2007: TV Pilots and How to Make Them, Australian Film, TV & Radio School
2004: Robert McKee ‘Story’ seminar
1998 – 2002: BA in Communications: Media Arts & Production at the University of Technology, Sydney.
1997: HSC: Gosford High School (TER 96).
Highly proficient in HTML, CMS and SEO, all internet browsers, all word processing programs, all blogging platforms including WordPress. Final Draft. All social media.
Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkExpress.