Which GF Staffers Job Should You Have? We know you want us! Working for a magazine is indeed pretty sweet – do this quiz and find out which job you’ll be amazing at!
When you start working, you’d like a typical day to be:
- All about styling, fashion shows and being on shoots (2)
- Really high-powered, with lots of people asking you what you think (1)
- Spent hanging with celebs and listening to new music (3)
- In an fun-filled office, with plenty of cake and time to gossip (4)
Your time online is spent browsing;
- The Sartorialist and Go Fugg Yourself (2)
- Anything really well-written and smart (4)
- Every single magazine homepage you can find (1)
- Perez Hilton and Pitchfork (3)
What drives you up the wall?
- People who wear all black, all the time (2)
- Typos and bad grammar (4)
- Music reviews with no opinion (3)
- Bad layout and annoying ads (1)
You’re totally awesome at:
- Making decisions (1)
- Trivia and general knowledge (4)
- Picking music’s next-big-thing (3)
- Making adventurous fashion choices work (2)
But you suck at:
- Early starts (3)
- Being cooped up in one room all day (2)
- Admitting you’re wrong (4)
- Letting someone else take charge (1)
Which TV character/ personality do you most relate to?
- Marcia Brady: people say you’re a bit of a perfectionist (4)
- Whitney Port: you’d love nothing more than to intern for a fash mag in NYC (2)
- Buffy: you love a girl who looks hot and can kick serious butt! (1)
- Ruby Rose: she’s supercool and gets to hang with all the stars! (3)
Who would you absolutely love to see on the next cover of Girlfriend?
- Mandy Moore: It’s nice to see a celeb who’s keepin’ it clean. (4)
- MIA: Hello? Girl’s a musical genius! (3)
- Stella McCartney: Designers should be celebrated just as much as models. (2)
- Miranda Kerr: Totally on trend – it’s the smart decision to go with. (1)
If you made a change to Girlfriend, it’d be:
- Nothing – it’s great as it is! (4)
- More pix of stylish real teens (2)
- A column written by a hot new band (3)
- You’d love to redesign the entire mag (1)
You usually get in trouble from your ‘rents for
- Spending all your allowance on clothes (2)
- Staying out late at gigs (3)
- Arguing with your brother or sister (1)
- Um, you never get in trouble! (4)
9 – 15 Editor: That’s right – you’re the big cheese! With your organisational ability, fearless confidence and decision-making skills you’ll make a perfect editor!
Sah says: ‘Be passionate, persistent, work hard, surround yourself with a super creative team and always try to think outside the square. Most editors begin as writers, so a journalism degree is helpful.’
16 – 22 Fashion Editor: Your love of fashion combined with your intimate knowledge of designers, models and trends means you’ll make a great fashion editor!
Lisa says: “Two words: work experience! The knowledge and experience you gain is invaluable.”
23 – 30 Entertainment Editor: You’ve already seen most of season three of Gossip Girl, know the Vivien Girls are hot, and have all the GF Fiction books in your bookshelf. You’d make a perfect Entertainment Editor.
Rob says: “Download any song, album, movie and TV show you can find. This will provide you with a vast knowledge of pop culture, which is worthless in everyday life but highly sought after in this profession!”
31 – 36 Chief Sub-editor: Your sweet personality combined with your strong writing skills, tendency to be a neat freak and love of perfection means you’d be the first one hired to be the next Chief Sub-Editor.
Kat says: “Sub-editors check spelling, grammar, and facts so this is a job for someone who’s friendly with a dictionary and loves writing!”
Copyright Georgia Clark 2010