Get your hottie’s heart fluttering, super-sneaky style!
So you’ve fallen head over Choos for the dude who makes the cast of Laguana Beach look like nature’s mistakes. You should be flirting your butt off with It Girl-esque confidence… but in reality, locking eyes with your hottie has induced fits of hyperventilation and a severe case of can’t-talk-itis. Is your love affair doomed before it even began? Not if your keep your admiration on the sweet and lowdown… That’s right chicks – 2009 is all about being a sassy Secret Admirer.
S-Admiring is all about a genuine expression of emotion in order to make someone you like feel special and attractive. Whether you’re way shy, don’t get a lot of chances to talk with them or are just an uber-cool girl up for anything, being a secret admirer is all about spreading the love. Plus nothing beats that supersleuth rush – after a successful lovenote drop, you’ll feel like Veronica Mars herself!
Secret Admiring Vs Secret Stalking
The golden rules of being a secret admirer insist ‘Thou shall not weird out the one you woo’. This means you must never make your beau feel uncomfortable through their privacy being violated. Remember, it’s loving, not lurking. Restrict your admiring to public places and situations, like slipping something into his bag while he’s playing b-ball at lunch. Leaving a note in their folder detailing their hotness of his hair says ‘I care’, leaving a sketch of him sleeping on his pillow says ‘I need mental care’.
It was Colonel Mustard in the parlour!
Like Superman, the unmasking of your true identity is always a risk. Before you begin your covert Cupid operation, ask yourself if you can handle the truth coming out, even if you don’t plan on it. Be confident and take that risk – whether he likes you or not, you’ve proven yourself to be adventurous, caring and confident – all big ticks!
What to Make?
There’s plenty of ways to express your feelings to the one you dig!
– Cards: A handmade card instantly ups the cool factor, and if you print out your message there’s no giveaway with handwriting.
– Sweets: The way to a guy’s heart is through his gut!
– Love letter: Hint at the daydreaming you’ve been doing starring none other than him…
– Random funny stuff: Cater to your guy’s quirks. If he smashes hot chips at lunch everyday, buy him some chicken salt (‘Salt for the sweet’). Loves his car? Fluffy dice are the way to go.
– Online messages: Secretadmirer.com allows you to anonymously see if he’s got a crush on you too.
- Do enlist the help of a trusted bestie to ensure flawless drop-offs
- Do keep it playful, light and creative.
- Don’t admire someone in a relationship: that’s just bad karma
- Don’t spend all your savings on gifts. You’ll get the message across with a cheap box of choccies – buying him PSPs is getting kinda crazy.
Adrian Griener: “I have a secret crush on Cameron Diaz. I met her once and we had a dance.” (Um it’s not really secret if you tell the whole world dude!)
Rock ‘n’ Roll Romance
Al Grigg from Red Riders is here to help get your creative juices flowing…
“Roses are red
Lilies are white
Love might be tough
But you’re worth the fight.
Roses are blue
Violets are red
Screws with my head
Violets are blue
Roses are red
Let’s stay up late
Reading in bed.”
Copyright Georgia Clark 2009